History of Macomb, MI

Macomb Township is a civil township located in the Detroit metropolitan area.
It is located in Macomb County and is home to a number of significant firms as well as a number of smaller businesses.
Macomb’s population was 50,477 in the 2000 census, but it has grown to 79,580 by the 2010 census.
It is one of Michigan’s most populous civil townships.
We’ll talk about Macomb’s history and what makes it such an attractive place to live in this post.

Macomb Township is Michigan’s most populous civil township.

Macomb Township is a large, incorporated civil township in southeast Michigan’s Macomb County.
Its population has risen slightly over the last decade, from 50,477 in the 2000 census to 91,663 in 2010.
The population density of the township is the third highest of any civil township in Michigan.
Germans were the first to arrive in the area in the early 1800s.
However, its population has gotten older in the recent decade, with 12.8 percent of persons over 65.
The township has welcomed its aging population by expanding senior services such as senior exercise programs and recreational activities.

The population of the municipality has increased by 48 percent on a yearly basis.
A developing lumber industry in Southeast Michigan enhanced the township’s population.
Logs were transported south from Wolcott Mill in Ray Township and sent down the Middle Branch Clinton River to Macomb Township’s sawmills.
The Romeo Plank, which was eventually named for the nearby timber mill, became the township’s highways.

The first Protestant church in Macomb Township is Mount Clemens. For a michigan rhinoplasty cost contact Lakeshore Facial Plastic Surgery.

The Grace Episcopal Church of Mount Clemens is a historic structure that dates back to 1850 and is Macomb Township’s oldest Protestant institution of worship.
In Mount Clemens, Michigan, the church is located at 115 South Main Street and Church Street.
This historic church is still in use.
Episcopal Bishop David C. Brown leads the church.

The Moravian church in Mount Clemens also houses Macomb County’s first Protestant house of worship.
Moravian missionaries founded the village in 1782.
These missionaries built the Moravian trail that goes to the church.
A monument honouring the missionaries was dedicated by the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1913.
During the Great Depression, the church was shuttered, but it is now open.

The first Protestant church in Macomb Township is High Banks.

Elias Petit, a Methodist minister, built this church in 1782.
Moravian Drive, now known as Clinton River Road, was the site of Macomb Township’s first Protestant church.
Elias was born in Vermont and converted to Methodism while serving as a missionary in Canada.
He was one of Macomb’s earliest ministers in the township’s northern section.
He was also a formidable figure.

In Macomb Township, Moravian missionaries established a tiny community.

In 1796, Moravian missionaries arrived in Macomb Township to begin their ministry.
Casino was the name of the first settlement.
The town had grown to 20 families by 1818, and it included a mill and blacksmith shop.
Fredrick had more population in 1843 than Mount Clemens, which had been renamed High Banks.
Susannah and the Moravians lived in a two-story mansion in Fredrick until their deaths in 1847 and 1848.

Between 1772 and 1800, Moravian missionaries constructed a number of missionary villages in the Tuscarawas Valley.
Many other missionary communities in the vicinity served as inspiration for the community at Schoenbrunn.
The Moravians constructed 75 buildings in the early years of the town.
The missionaries had a relatively easy time settling in.
Even though the Delaware Nation had not made an official statement of loyalty, the Moravian missionaries were able to convert them to Christianity.

There are two octagon houses in Washington Township.

Visitors to Washington Township can learn about the town’s rich history by visiting two historic octagon residences.
The Loren Andrus Octagon House, built in 1860, features eight huge windows that face the spring breeze and twilight.
Inside, eight youngsters enjoy the ambiance of a 19th century Macomb County home by playing games, singing nursery rhymes, and enjoying the aura of a 19th century Macomb County home.
The inner archway of the Octagon House, which has been utilized as a wedding location, can also be toured.

A pioneer in Washington Township built the first of these octagon residences in 1860.
Loren Andrus hired David Stewart, his brother-in-law, to construct the home.
The octagon-style dwellings recommended by Orson Squire Fowler in his 1854 book A Home For All influenced this architect.
On September 3, 1971, the octagon home was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

Macomb Township features two octagon residences in Washington Township.

More than a dozen octagon residences can be found in Macomb County, Michigan.
The Loren Andrus Octagon House, located at 57500 Van Dyke Street, has been restored to its former glory.
The Octagon House was originally designed by David Stewart for Loren Andrus, a rich Macomb County businessman. It is now owned by the Friends of the Octagon House.
The National Register of Historic Places listed the Octagon House in 1971.

The Loren Andrus Octagon House is located in Washington Township at 57500 Van Dyke, approximately north of 26 Mile Road.
A presentation for guests will be held on the third Sunday of each month.
The cost for the program is $5 per person.
Visitors who have purchased an adult ticket are welcome to tour the house.
The mansion is open to the public for tours and features a gift shop.

Allure Medical 8180 26 Mile Rd, Shelby Township, MI 48316
Sola Salon Studios 45567 Market St, Shelby Twp, MI 48315

Dental Extremes
17933 Hall Rd, Macomb, MI 48044, United States

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.